Linpico is seeking a technical assistance team for the implementation of a project funded by the European Commission that involves building the institutional capacity of the Indian Ocean Commission. The main role of the technical assistance team will be to assist the IOC Secretariat in achieving the specific objectives and expected results of the institutional capacity building project (INCA). The specific objective of the INCA project is to build the institutional capacity of the IOC and its Member states so as to enable the implementation and monitoring of the IOC’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The team will be based in the IOC Secretariat in Mauritius, although short-term travel to IOC member states may be required. The period of performance will be approximately 36 months, commencing in the last quarter of 2018.
LINPICO is looking for a Financial Management Expert (400 working days)
Duties and responsibilities
The Financial Management Expert will be responsible for supporting IOC in uplifting its financial management systems and bringing it to international standards. His/Her mission will mainly focus on strengthening the Administration and Finance function of the IOC General Secretariat. The Financial Management Expert will report to the Team Leader.
Qualifications and skills
- A Masters degree in finance, accounting or a professional qualification from a recognised institution or an acceptable qualification in a related field or 15 years of relevant professional experience in the field
- Excellent written and verbal command in English and French is essential;
- Specialisation in financial management.
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of working experience in the area of finance management or accounting at management level.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in capacity building and training
- At least five years’ working experience in financial management of intergovernmental
- Very good knowledge of public sector accounting systems such as IPSAS;
Specific Professional Experience
- Working experience of at least 2 years in the development of financial management systems and procedure manuals and drafting of financial rules;
- Working experience of at least 2 years in managing (accounting and budgeting) international cooperation funds, preferably EU funds;