Linpico is seeking a technical assistance team for the implementation of a project funded by the European Commission that involves building the institutional capacity of the Indian Ocean Commission. The main role of the technical assistance team will be to assist the IOC Secretariat in achieving the specific objectives and expected results of the institutional capacity building project (INCA). The specific objective of the INCA project is to build the institutional capacity of the IOC and its Member states so as to enable the implementation and monitoring of the IOC’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The team will be based in the IOC Secretariat in Mauritius, although short-term travel to IOC member states may be required. The period of performance will be approximately 36 months, commencing in the last quarter of 2018.
LINPICO is looking for an Internal Audit Expert :
Qualifications and skills
- A Masters degree in audit, accounting or a professional qualification from a recognised institution or an acceptable qualification in a related field or 15 years of relevant professional experience in the field
- Excellent written and verbal command in English and French is essential;
- Specialisation in internal audit and/or internal control
General Professional Experience
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the area of audit at management level.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in capacity building and training
- Very good knowledge of International Audit Standards (IAS);
Specific Professional Experience
- Working experience of at least 2 years in auditing, including the development of internal audit systems and procedure manuals;
- Working experience of at least 2 years in auditing international cooperation funds, preferably EU funds;
- Work experience or direct involvement in the establishment of risk management systems
- Experience working in an inter-governmental body will be an advantage.