Linpico is seeking a technical assistance team for the implementation of a project funded by the European Commission that involves building the institutional capacity of the Indian Ocean Commission. The main role of the technical assistance team will be to assist the IOC Secretariat in achieving the specific objectives and expected results of the institutional capacity building project (INCA). The specific objective of the INCA project is to build the institutional capacity of the IOC and its Member states so as to enable the implementation and monitoring of the IOC’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The team will be based in the IOC Secretariat in Mauritius, although short-term travel to IOC member states may be required. The period of performance will be approximately 36 months, commencing in the last quarter of 2018.
LINPICO is looking for a Project Management Expert
The Project Management Expert will be responsible for supporting IOC in improving the efficiency of the IOC Secretariat in managing projects. The Project Management Expert will report to the Team Leader.
Qualifications and skills
- A Masters degree in management, economics, or acceptable qualification in a related field or 15 years of relevant professional experience in the field;
- Excellent written and verbal command in English and French is essential;
- A specialisation in project management
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of working experience in the area of project management
- At least 5 years’ working experience in capacity building and training
- At least five years’ working experience in project management of intergovernmental organisations
Specific Professional Experience
- Experience of at least 5 years working experience in the monitoring and evaluation steps of the project cycle
- Working experience of at least 2 years in managing projects funded by international partners, preferably EU funded projects
- Working experience in the Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean region