Linpico is seeking a technical assistance team for the implementation of a project funded by the European Commission that involves building the institutional capacity of the Indian Ocean Commission. The main role of the technical assistance team will be to assist the IOC Secretariat in achieving the specific objectives and expected results of the institutional capacity building project (INCA). The specific objective of the INCA project is to build the institutional capacity of the IOC and its Member states so as to enable the implementation and monitoring of the IOC’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The team will be based in the IOC Secretariat in Mauritius, although short-term travel to IOC member states may be required. The period of performance will be approximately 36 months, commencing in the last quarter of 2018.
LINPICO is looking for a Team Leader/Institutional Reform Expert – (500 days) with the following profile:
The Team Leader/Institutional Reform Expert will support the IOC in bringing the change process of the IOC General Secretariat towards institutional strengthening.
Qualifications and skills
- A Masters degree in economics, management or public administration or an acceptable qualification in a related field or 15 years of relevant professional experience in the field;
- Excellent written and verbal command in English and French is essential;
- Specialisation in institutions analysis and reforms.
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of working experience in conducting institutional reforms and re-engineering of business processes.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in capacity building and training
- At least 5 years’ working experience in the implementation of change management processes.
- At least 2 years’ working experience in results based management tools
Specific Professional Experience
- Working experience of at least 5 years as team leader/project manager for projects of similar complexity (inter-governmental body, multicultural environment, at least 2 years duration for each project);
- At least 2 years’ working experience in managing or directly involved in capacity building in areas related to EU pillar assessment.
- Working experience in the development resource mobilisation strategies and plans will be an advantage;
- Working experience in one or more thematic areas covered by the IOC range of intervention areas is an advantage;
Please email your Curriculum Vitae to Axel CAMBRILLAT on [email protected] with “INCA IOC – Position Title” in the subject and Cc. in [email protected]