ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN EUROPEAN UNION CANDIDATES ONLY
JOB TYPE: Full-time, 6 months internship with strong likelihood of a fixed-term contract (CDD) 18 months.
LOCATION: Remotely until the end of the covid-19 crisis then in Linpico Head Office (Les Arcs sur Argens, Var, France)
PRESENTATION OF LINPICO AND THE DEPARTMENT:
Linpico is an international development consultancy. We implement projects funded by International Donors (such as the European Union, or the World Bank) that aim to supporting developing countries’ governments in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of their public policies.
Linpico’s projects cover five main sectors: Public Finance Management, including Budget Support; Education; Governance and Aid Management; Trade and Private Sector Development; Information Technology. Our projects are in all regions of the world, in over 80 countries. They are both long- and short-term, ranging from several years to a few months in length.
International Donors launch calls for proposals to find a consultancy who they will subcontract to implement their international development projects and programmes. We respond to these calls by presenting a technical strategy and financial proposal, along with a full team of specialist free-lance consultants who will be implementing the project’s activities in the field. Once we are awarded a specific project, we manage its implementation (managing the budget, the communication with the Client, the mobilization and utilization of the expert resources, etc.).
Our main office is located in the South of France; we also have an office in Burkina Faso. Linpico employs 17 permanent staff in the following departments: General Management; Project Management and Framework Contracts; Administrative and Technical Support; Finance and Contracts Administration.
This job description refers to a position within the Framework Contracts Department.
The Department deals with short-term projects of a value up to 1 million EUR, which are tendered under the umbrella of a wider 4-year long Framework Contract. Under these wider contracts, only a handful of Consortia are selected and are receiving the requests for proposals. The Framework Contracts are divided into lots corresponding to specific aid areas.
- Linpico is leading a Consortium for Lot 5 relating to Budget Support; and is the member of a Consortium for Lot 1 relating to Natural Resource Management.
- Provide support to project management and coordination of the Framework Team;
- Search for experts based on each project’s requirement, contact the best candidates;
- Coordinate the search and keep track of all experts contacted by the team, regularly update the database;
- Support the evaluation of profiles of experts and closing deals with the selected candidates;
- Responsible for tracking statistics and data about proposals and projects to support internal and EU reporting;
- Support the Framework Contracts Manager in the preparation of financial and technical proposals (including tailoring CVs, proofreading methodologies, doing background research);
- Support the Framework Contracts Manager in the implementation of ongoing projects – getting updates from experts in the field; preparing contract documents; quality control of deliverables and reports;
- Responsibilities in proposal preparation and project management are likely to increase over time;
- Other tasks as directed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree (Master’s degree is an advantage) in relevant subject such as International Relations, International Development; European Union Affairs
- This is an
entry-level position. It is understood that the candidates would not have years
of experience. Any professional / internship / university / volunteer
experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage:
- International Humanitarian and/or Development work;
- Human Resources; Recruitment; Evaluating CVs; Contracting;
- Preparation and/or Management of Budgets;
- Drafting and proofreading reports, articles, papers or other written communication;
- Experience of responding to calls for proposals or preparing documentation to obtain grants (such as for an NGO, a university association, or as part of a university simulation exercise);
- Project Management.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and French. Spanish would be an advantage;
- Organised and able to meet deadlines;
- Able to prioritise tasks and remain calm to deliver under pressure;
- Proactive and eager to learn and gain autonomy.