LINPICO Sarl is currently seeking applications for a PFM Expert with experience of developing regulatory frameworks, for the State Building Contract Project, in the Republic of Sierra Leone. This is a short-term Senior Expert position, with a duration of 75 Working Days.
The objective of this assignment is to assist in producing a simplified version of the PFM Act 2016 taking into consideration the new and technical issues in the revised Act and assist in the design and initial drafting of the revised Financial Management Regulations, 2007 (FMR 2007) to support the implementation of the Act in consultation with key stakeholders.
Also, an Implementation Plan for the PFM Act 2016 is needed in order to better coordinate and monitor the implementation in particular of the new requirements within the Act. This will particularly help to structure and direct the focus of interventions by the Donor Funded PFM projects.
The consultant is expected to work closely with MOFED and other key stakeholders including the Accountant General’s Department, Audit Service Sierra Leone, National Public Procurement Authority and Law Officers Department. Input from key development partners should be sought.
The minimum qualifications and skills required:
- A Master’s degree in relevant subject area (Public Finance, Macroeconomics)
- Fluent command of both written and spoken English
- Computer Literacy
General professional experience:
- Advanced qualification in Accountancy, Economics or Law
- Minimum of 10 years of international experience
Specific professional experience:
- Sound knowledge and previous proven experience in drafting legislation and regulations for Public Financial Management In developing countries
- Experience in African countries, particularly West Africa, is advantageous
- Excellent English language skills- both verbal and written
Please email your most recent and tailored CV to Sophie Djugeli on firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘PFM Legal Expert’ in the subject.