Linpico is looking for a Procurement and Accounting Specialist for our ongoing Support to Public Finance Management Reform project in Lesotho.
OBJECTIVE: to contribute to the implementation of Lesotho’s national development agenda as embodied in the Vision 2020, which states that by the year 2020 “Lesotho shall be a stable democracy, a united and prosperous nation at peace with itself and its neighbours. It shall have a healthy and well developed human resource base, a strong economy, a well-managed environment and an established technological base”.
DURATION: August 2016-June 2018 (210 working days per year)
POSITION: Procurement and Accounting Specialist
Qualifications and skills
- Preferably an Internationally recognised professional qualification in procurement (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply). Degree or equivalent qualification in finance.
- Fluent command of both written and spoken English
- Computer Literate
General Professional Experience
- Minimum of 10-years of general professional experience
- Minimum of 5-years of project management experience and demonstrated management skills
- Proven experience in all aspects of procurement related to development partner funded procurements
- Proven experience in developing and implementing financial control and reporting systems
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and document drafting skills
Specific Professional Experience
- Minimum of 10-years of experience in providing procurement support and advice
- Minimum of 5-of the above years in a developing country environment (Sub-Saharan Africa experience would be an advantage)
- Evidence of a comprehensive knowledge of the procurement rules of the EU, the AfDB and the WB
- Evidence of setting up systems and financial control arrangements for accountability and transparency of financial transactions management
- Experience in advising highest level of government officials and managers on procurement and financial control issues