LINPICO Sarl is currently seeking applications for a PFM Expert with experience of developing legal and regulatory frameworks, to assist the Department of Finance of Papua New Guinea with Public Money Management. This is a short-term Senior Expert position, with a duration of up to 65 Working Days. Expected project end date: June 2022.
Specific objective 1 – Public Money Management Regularization Act 2017 (PMMR)
- Task 1 – Develop the processes for the consideration and resolution of all PMMR submissions to the Strategic Budget Committee (SBC) under the PMMR. This task is completed.
- Task 2 – Develop the processes for the sweeping of all revenue accounts on a weekly basis. These processes have been fully developed. This task is completed.
- Task 3 – Develop the processes for the identification and verification of expired appropriations. These processes have been fully developed. This task is completed.
- Task 5 – Training and mentoring of the staff of the Non-tax Revenue Division of DoF to implement the processes developed under Tasks 1-3 (inclusive) has commenced and continues throughout the life of the project.
Specific objective 2 – Legislative Review
- Task 1 – Review all laws in PNG to ensure compliance with the PFMA and the PMMR. These are being implemented as part of the on-going fees and charges reviews. The project has provided support in developing a legislative template of all of the laws to be reviewed. This substantially lessens the future workload as the other laws will be reviewed within that standard template that allows for faster finalisation of the remaining laws to be amended.
- Task 2 – Create a Technical Working Group of key stakeholders to guide the review. The TWG is created and operating and its activities are reported on a monthly basis.
- Task 3 – Draft the necessary National Executive Council submissions to obtain approval for the amendments.
- Task 4 – Draft all drafting instructions and Bills to affect the amendments.
- Task 5 – Draft the consolidated versions of the amended laws.
The minimum qualifications and skills required:
− At least a masters’ degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant, directly related discipline (e.g. legal or financial management). Alternatively, an equivalent professional experience in a related field of at least 5 years – in addition to the professional experience required below – could replace an advanced degree. − The Expert must be fully proficient in written and spoken English.
General professional experience
− At least 12 years of professional experience in legal/financial management.
Specific professional experiences:
− A minimum of 5 years of senior professional experience in law, drafting and public financial management implementation processes.
− A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in directing, managing and implementing financial management improvement reforms.
− A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in working with public sector in conducting financial management review.
− Completed at least 3 assignments in developing countries.
− Completed at least 1 assignment in the Pacific Islands Countries would be an advantage.