LINPICO Sarl is currently seeking applications for a Chart of Accounts Expert for the “EU State Building Contact, Complementary Support” project in the Republic of Sierra Leone.
This is a short-term Senior Expert position, with a working day allocation of 40 days.
The provisional start date of April 2017.
The objective of this assignment is to assist in bringing the chart of accounts in line with the legal prescriptions, in order to meet the legal, management and other information needs. The revision of the CoA will also support the GoSL in its effort to improve the quality, accuracy and timeliness of its financial accounts.
The expert will assist MOFED in the following tasks:
- Draft/update a draft multi-dimensional Chart of Accounts covering all segments and meeting all the critical requirements and international standards, including GFS 2014 and COFOG;
- Develop a detailed CoA user manual for regular reference;
- Develop a mapping table that details how to transit from the existing COA to the proposed CoA;
- Develop a comprehensive training manual/package for user groups.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualities:
- At Master’s degree in relevant subject area (public finance, accounting) and/or professional accounting qualification;
- Fluent command of both written and spoken English;
- Computer Literate;
General professional experience
- Advanced qualification in Accountancy, Economics or Law
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in PFM
Specific professional experience
- Sound knowledge and previous proven experience in public sector budgeting, accounting and auditing and/or PEFA assessment;
- Experience in African countries, particularly West Africa, is advantageous
- Excellent English language skills- both verbal and written
We are interested to hear from candidates that meet the professional profile as outlined above, and whose current working schedule would allow for their immediate deployment to Sierra Leone.
Interested candidates should email their tailored CVs, as soon as possible, to the following address, Ioannis Malisiovas, Anglophone Project Manager: [email protected], with [email protected] in copy. Please use CHART OF ACCOUNTS – SL, as the email’s title.